[comp.windows.x] Color and Tek4014

gretzky@UNISON.LARC.NASA.GOV (Mr. Stanley Cup) (08/18/89)

Hi,
	I have a quick and probably two easy questions:

1)  On an HP workstation running X11R3, how can I get my default background
    to be a different color.  I know that the xsetroot command should work,
    but I would like it to come up automatically.

2)  How can I get xterm to emulate the tek4014 terminal.  The man page doesn't
    help much at all.

--Remember, I am a novice.

			-=>gretzky<=-
.mitch

Please Reply directly to me.  Thanks!

erc@pai.UUCP (Eric Johnson) (08/18/89)

In article <8908171839.AA00653@unison.larc.nasa.gov>, gretzky@UNISON.LARC.NASA.GOV (Mr. Stanley Cup) writes:
> Hi,
> 	I have a quick and probably two easy questions:
>
> 1)  On an HP workstation running X11R3, how can I get my default background
>     to be a different color.  I know that the xsetroot command should work,
>     but I would like it to come up automatically.

Do you use something to automatically spawn off a number of
applications when you start X?  Something like an X11start shell script
or the xtools program?  If so, add the xsetroot command in there.

> 2)  How can I get xterm to emulate the tek4014 terminal.  The man page doesn't
>     help much at all.

On mine, I can move the mouse into the xterm window, hold down the Middle
mouse button and the Control key at the same time.  A menu should appear.
One of the lower choices on the menu is something akin to "Select Tek Mode."
Try it, although it may be Tek 4010 emulation (I'm not a Tek expert).

> --Remember, I am a novice.
>
> 			-=>gretzky<=-
> .mitch

Hope this helps,
-Eric

--
Eric F. Johnson, Prime Automation, Inc.
415 W. Travelers Trail, Burnsville, MN 55337 USA.  Phone: +1 612-894-0313.