[comp.windows.x] xrn removing first line of posting

envbvs@epb2.lbl.gov (Brian V. Smith) (08/18/89)

Why is xrn removing the first line of a posting?
I am careful to leave one blank line after the last header
field, but xrn is deleting the first line, unless I leave
two blank lines after the header.
Has nyone else seen this?
_____________________________________
Brian V. Smith    (bvsmith@lbl.gov)
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
We don't need no signatures!

ricks@shambhala.Berkeley.EDU (Rick L Spickelmier) (08/18/89)

There was a bug in XRN 5.4 that caused the first line to be
eaten (memories of the old news system...).  Anyway, this
has been fixed (a modification to server.c).   Grab xrn5-4.tar.Z
from shambhala.Berkeley.EDU (128.32.132.54), this has the
fixed server.c.   When we get kill files working, we will
release the next version (and it will have an Imakefile...).

				Rick Spickelmier

envbvs@epb2.lbl.gov (Brian V. Smith) (08/18/89)

In article <16392@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU>, ricks@shambhala.Berkeley.EDU
(Rick L Spickelmier) writes:

<
< There was a bug in XRN 5.4 that caused the first line to be
< eaten (memories of the old news system...).  Anyway, this
< has been fixed (a modification to server.c).   Grab xrn5-4.tar.Z
< from shambhala.Berkeley.EDU (128.32.132.54), this has the
< fixed server.c.   When we get kill files working, we will
< release the next version (and it will have an Imakefile...).

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I just installed the xrn5-4.tar.Z
on August 3 and am using that one.
IT is the one deleting the first line of postings.
I didn't (seem to) have the problem on the older xrn.
Why do they have the same version number if things have changed?

_____________________________________

In article <3630@helios.ee.lbl.gov>, envbvs@epb2.lbl.gov (Brian V.
Smith) writes:

> Sorry, I forgot to mention that I just installed the xrn5-4.tar.Z
> on August 3 and am using that one.
> IT is the one deleting the first line of postings.
> I didn't (seem to) have the problem on the older xrn.
> Why do they have the same version number if things have changed?

Due to an unfortunately numbering problem, two versions of XRN 5-4
exist.  One with the line eater bug and one without.  To get rid
of this confusion, I have changed the version number to 5-5 and
placed a new copy on shambhala.berkeley.edu (128.32.132.54) as
xrn5-5.tar.Z.  Sorry for the numbering confusion.  A new version
with kill files should be out soon.

			Rick Spickelmier
			Electronics Research Laboratory
			UC Berkeley