[comp.windows.x] OSF/Motif Seminar series

dbrooks@osf.osf.org (David Brooks) (08/17/89)

The Open Software Foundation will be holding a series of one-day
seminars on the OSF/Motif Graphical User Environment.  With apologies
to New England for the late notice, here is the schedule:

	August 21	Boston (Copley Westin)
	August 29	New York (Grand Central Hyatt)
	September 12	San Francisco (Hyatt Rickey's, El Camino Real)
	September 14	Los Angeles (Airport Hilton)
	October 3	Dallas (Sheraton Dallas)
	October 26	DC area (Hyatt Bethesda)
	November 16	Detroit (Renaissance Westin)

For pricing, registration and other information, please call
1(800)321-1990.  PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME EMAIL.  I can't register you!
If space permits, we will accept walk-in registration.

There will be two tracks to each seminar.  Track 1 (fee $50) is called
"Motif Features and Functionality", and is intended to be an
introduction and detailed overview of the technology.  Track 2 (fee
$275 pre-registered, $300 walk-in) is an Application Porting Clinic,
giving direction on how to port applications to the Motif environment,
and will have a strong technical content.  Track 2 is being presented
by trainers from ICS.

In addition, various vendors will be on hand at each location to
demonstrate Motif implementations.

Our European and Pacific Rim offices will be hosting similar events in
the same timeframe.  Please contact them direct for more information:

Europe:		+49-89-930-920 (Muenchen) -- or in the UK +44-494-722499
Japan:		+81-3-221-9770

michaud@decvax.dec.com (Jeff Michaud) (08/19/89)

In article <423@paperboy.OSF.ORG>, dbrooks@osf.osf.org (David Brooks) writes:
> With apologies
> to New England for the late notice, here is the schedule:
>
> 	August 21	Boston (Copley Westin)

	Hmm, apology accepted, but is there going to be another Boston area one later on
	so that those of us who can't go on < 5 days notice can get another chance?
--
/--------------------------------------------------------------\
|Jeff Michaud    michaud@decwrl.dec.com  michaud@decvax.dec.com|

root@dime.CS.UMASS.EDU (System PRIVILEGED Account) (08/23/89)

In article <4170@shlump.nac.dec.com> michaud@decvax.dec.com (Jeff Michaud) writes:
>In article <423@paperboy.OSF.ORG>, dbrooks@osf.osf.org (David Brooks) writes:
>> With apologies
>> to New England for the late notice, here is the schedule:
>>
>> 	August 21	Boston (Copley Westin)
>
>	Hmm, apology accepted, but is there going to be another Boston area one later on
>	so that those of us who can't go on < 5 days notice can get another chance?

	Yes, I would have liked to go. The notice given by OSF was too short.
I hope people at OSF bring this seminar back to Boston at the end of their
round.

Martha S. DasSarma

COINS
University of Massachusetts