[comp.windows.x] Re^2: How to redirect console output ?

paul@mecazh.UUCP (Paul Breslaw) (08/29/89)

converse@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Donna Converse) writes:

>>    My question is: how can I redirect console output  when xdm   lo-
>>    gin is running and how can I redirect the ouput when i am working
>>    to my first(console) xterm.

>On some machines, xterm -C will redirect console output -- on others it
>does nothing.   You can start the xterm from your .xsession file.

That is how you do it on HP9000/3xx machines, plus the secret, undocumented
bit to actually get it to work, namely a file called Xconsoles which
lurks in /usr/lib/X11, and has a list of display names (eg. myhost:0.0), one
per line, which can be used for console output.

Thus armed, xterm -C does the job.

Paul Breslaw