[comp.windows.x] Windows dying under twm in X11R3

dinah@krebs.bcm.tmc.edu (09/02/89)

We have been having a problem with spurious CTL D's being sent to
windows. We are running SunOS 4.0.3. This happens on our Sun3's and our
NCD boxes on both Sun3's and Sun4's. The result for my environment is
windows disappearing. The problem seems to be totally random.

Is this a known bug? If there a fix or work around? Thanks.

Dinah Anderson					 internet: dinah@bcm.tmc.edu
Baylor College of Medicine	           uucp: {rutgers,mailrus}!bcm!dinah

klee@gilroy.pa.dec.com (Ken Lee) (09/02/89)

In article <1690@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu>, dinah@krebs.bcm.tmc.edu writes:
> We have been having a problem with spurious CTL D's being sent to
> windows. We are running SunOS 4.0.3.

Are these random windows or just terminal emulators (like xterm)?  If
the former, there's probably a bug in your window manager or server.
If the latter, the shell running in the window may have an "autologout"
feature that causes the terminal emulator to exit.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@decwrl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee