[comp.windows.x] ISO sockets

CCVQC@CUNYVM.BITNET (Christopher Vickery) (09/02/89)

I'm working on an X server for Intel's RMX Operating System, and I need to
put the thing over their ISO network.  (Right now the client and server
communicate through "well known mailboxes" on a single system.)  Can anyone
point me to a mapping between BSD socket mechanisms and ISO concepts like
TSAPs and NSAPs?  Even the name of a better place to ask than xpert would
help.  I'm looking for emerging standards or previous implementations to use
as a model before I develop my own.  Thanks.

klee@gilroy.pa.dec.com (Ken Lee) (09/02/89)

In article <8909012130.AA11921@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>, CCVQC@CUNYVM.BITNET (Christopher Vickery) writes:
> I'm working on an X server for Intel's RMX Operating System, and I need to
> put the thing over their ISO network.

The ANSI X3H3.6 (window system standards) committee is discussing ISO
OSI support for X.  There is a big demand for this in Europe.  There
are several different ways to implment X on OSI and which to use has
not yet been resolved (although we may be closer after our meeting at
the end of this month).  As far as I know, there are no existing
implementations.  If you have any recommendations please let me know.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@decwrl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee