[comp.windows.x] X11 <-> Amiga-IFF

fozzy@edvvie.at (Fozzy C. Dressel) (09/07/89)

Please can tell me somebody information about a (public domain ?)
program to convert Amiga-IFF to X11. (and back ...).

Thanks a lot
fozzy
--
        Fozzy C. Dressel                LOCAL:  fozzy@eliza
        EDV Ges.m.b.H Vienna            USENET: fozzy@edvvie.at

dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) (09/10/89)

In article <145@eliza.edvvie.at> fozzy@edvvie.at (Fozzy C. Dressel) writes:
>Please can tell me somebody information about a (public domain ?)
>program to convert Amiga-IFF to X11. (and back ...).

The X11 for the Amiga contains standard support for converting
xwd dumps (bw and color) to iff files.
Also pbmtoiff and ifftopbm have been written and are included on
the X11 for the Amiga software.

--
Dale Luck     GfxBase/Boing, Inc.
{uunet!cbmvax|pyramid}!amiga!boing!dale

pokey@well.UUCP (Jef Poskanzer) (09/11/89)

In the referenced message, dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) wrote:
}In article <145@eliza.edvvie.at> fozzy@edvvie.at (Fozzy C. Dressel) writes:
}>Please can tell me somebody information about a (public domain ?)
}>program to convert Amiga-IFF to X11. (and back ...).
}>
}The X11 for the Amiga contains standard support for converting
}xwd dumps (bw and color) to iff files.
}Also pbmtoiff and ifftopbm have been written and are included on
}the X11 for the Amiga software.

I don't suppose you considered sending your pbm<-->iff filters back to
me for inclusion in the pbm package?  Not that I need them any more.

In any case, since it's not clear what "included on the X11 for the Amiga
software" means, I'll answer the original question.  The FBM toolkit supports
reading and writing of ILBM files, except for HAM mode; my just-released
PBMPLUS package supports HAM mode too.
---
Jef

    Jef Poskanzer  pokey@well.sf.ca.us  {ucbvax, apple, hplabs}!well!pokey
 "Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a confusion of the real with
                 the ideal never goes unpunished." -- Goethe