[comp.windows.x] XView distribution problems

zuhn@UMN-CS.CS.UMN.EDU ("david d [zoo] zuhn") (09/09/89)

Since xviewbugs@sun.com isn't working yet...

file xview/usr.lib/libxvin/pw/xv_color.h is missing a semi-colon at the
end of line 71.

file olwm/AdOk.c is missing.

--
David D "Zoo" Zuhn //    University of Minnesota      \\ Twin Cities
zuhn@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu,    zuhn@umn-cs.UUCP,   ..rutgers!umn-cs!zuhn

dmc%satori@Sun.COM (Doug Cook) (09/11/89)

In article <8909091212.AA13471@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu> zuhn@UMN-CS.CS.UMN.EDU ("david d [zoo] zuhn") writes:
>Since xviewbugs@sun.com isn't working yet...

This appears to be a YP problem with sun.com itself. The alias is present
on our internal network, but sun.com isn't picking it up. I've sent out
a request to get this fixed. It should be working within a day or two. In the
meantime, please send bug reports to

	xviewbugs%snowking@sun.com

We'd prefer that you send bug reports to xviewbugs rather than to comp.windows.x.
Since a message to xviewbugs is forwarded directly to most of the XView engineers,
we can respond to it more quickly.

>file xview/usr.lib/libxvin/pw/xv_color.h is missing a semi-colon at the
>end of line 71.

I just downloaded another copy of XView from MIT.  The file you mention is fine
here, so it looks like your copy was corrupted somewhere. Your xv_color.h should be
2273 bytes long. If it's not, please let me know and I'll send you a copy via
e-mail.

>file olwm/AdOk.c is missing.

Remove references to AdOk.c from the Imakefile. It isn't necessary.

Thanks for keeping us posted on build problems.

	-Doug

Doug Cook				dmc@sun.com
Software Engineer, XView Group
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

spike@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Spike) (09/12/89)

<
<I just downloaded another copy of XView from MIT.  The file you mention is fine
<here, so it looks like your copy was corrupted somewhere. Your xv_color.h should be
<2273 bytes long. If it's not, please let me know and I'll send you a copy via
<e-mail.

	My copy of XView was also missing the semi-colon (and was 2273
bytes).  This however will get by the SUN C compiler (but not gcc),
which allows you to omit the ';' before the '}' in a struct definition
(shades of PASCAL?).

->Spike
Software Tool & Die

dmc%satori@Sun.COM (Doug Cook) (09/12/89)

In article <37943@bu-cs.BU.EDU> spike@buit4.bu.edu (Joe Ilacqua) writes:

>	My copy of XView was also missing the semi-colon (and was 2273
>bytes).  This however will get by the SUN C compiler (but not gcc),
>which allows you to omit the ';' before the '}' in a struct definition
>(shades of PASCAL?).

You're right; my mistake. I just checked my local copy again and it looks
like a semicolon *is* missing, though on line 70, not on line 71.  Neither the
Sun C compiler nor the MIPS C compiler flags this.  I've fixed it in our source.

	-Doug

Doug Cook		(dmc@sun.com)	"Every dog has his Dayton Ohio Hitler
Software Engineer, XView Group		 says to button your fly Tijuana place
Sun Microsystems, Inc.			 a Bette Midler..."	-Adrian Belew