[comp.windows.x] XView...Can't get cmdtool to work

mcneill@eplrx7.UUCP (mcneill) (09/15/89)

I can't get cmdtool to work on either my Sun3 (SunOS 3.5) or my
Sun4 (Sys4-3.2).  Textedit & clock and the demos seem to work.

On my sun 3 I get...

sun3> cmdtool
XView warning: Cannot load font 'lucidasanstypewriter-i' (Font package)
Segmentation fault
sun3>

On my sun4 I get...

sun4> cmdtool

Stopped (tty output)
sun4>

Are other SunOS 3.x people having the same problem (I added the new
ultrix_cpt.h)?

Keith
--
    Keith D. McNeill              |    E.I. Du Pont de Nemours & Co.
    eplrx7!mcneill@uunet.uu.net   |    Engineering Physics Laboratory

dmc%satori@Sun.COM (Doug Cook) (09/16/89)

In article <782@eplrx7.UUCP> mcneill@eplrx7.UUCP (mcneill) writes:
>I can't get cmdtool to work on either my Sun3 (SunOS 3.5) or my
>
>XView warning: Cannot load font 'lucidasanstypewriter-i' (Font package)
>Segmentation fault

A patch exists for this. In .../libxvin/font/font.c, replace all
occurrences of "%i" with "%d".  This is a printf format which is
not available on some systems.  This will be patched on expo next
time we update the source.

>Stopped (tty output)
>sun4>
>
>Are other SunOS 3.x people having the same problem (I added the new
>ultrix_cpt.h)?

We're aware of this problem with SunOS 3.5, and we hope to have a fix
soon.

Upgrading to SunOS 4.0.X would help, too ;-)

	-Doug

Doug Cook		(dmc@sun.com)	"I refuse to put those silly little
Software Engineer, XView Group		 quotations in my signature."
Sun Microsystems, Inc.					-me

dpm@cs.cmu.edu (David Maynard) (09/16/89)

> On my sun 3 I get...

> sun3> cmdtool
> XView warning: Cannot load font 'lucidasanstypewriter-i' (Font package)
> Segmentation fault
> sun3>

I have the same problem with the fonts.  However I can't get clock to
work either.  It prints (before exiting):

XView warning: Cannot load font 'lucidasans-12' (Font package)
XView warning: Cannot load font 'FONT_FAMILY_FIXED-i' (Font package)
Cannot open font

This is under SunOS 3.5 using "olwm" with the XView font directory added
to my fontpath.  Xlsfonts lists the fonts as existing, but doesn't give
the same name.  I assume that I haven't set up something correctly, so I
would appreciate any suggestions.

Olwm seems to work without problems.

Thanks,
David Maynard (dpm@cs.cmu.edu, dpm@ece.cmu.edu)
Department of ECE, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA