[comp.windows.x] Using the MIT server on the Sun GX board

janssen@holmes (Bill Janssen) (09/17/89)

In article <388@torch.UUCP>, richard@torch (Richard Nuttall) writes:
>You will not be able to make use of the GX card with the straight MIT
>server, since it cannot talk to the cgsix device at all. This would

We are not currently using the MIT server on our GX's, but if we had
to, I'd replace the routine server/ddx/sun/sunCG4C.c(sunCG4CSwitch)
with the following, and things would be nicer...  Note that this
breaks the support for the CG4.  How do you tell the difference between
the CG4 and the CG6?

/*-
 * sunCG4CSwitch --
 *      Enable or disable color plane
 *
 * Results:
 *      Color plane enabled for select =0, disabled otherwise.
 *
 */
static void
sunCG4CSwitch (pScreen, select)