[comp.windows.x] Can anybody mail me X?

C.Eagle@massey.ac.nz (Colin Eagle) (09/18/89)

We  have recently bought  Nexpert Object  for  our Sun workstations. I
have installed  it,  but cannot get   the  subset  of X11,  release 2,
provided with the system to work.

I  would like to get hold  of a full version of  X to try. As we don't
yet have ftp access,  I would like to  find some kind person  prepared
to mail it to me. If you have a copy of  X11  release 2 or 3 which you
could mail me, could you please let me know (by mail!).

I will  wait for about a  week to find the nearest  replying site, and
ask them for a copy.

Thanks in advance,
Colin

--

Colin G. Eagle  		Internet: C.Eagle@massey.ac.nz
Dept. of Computer Science

root@cca.ucsf.edu (Systems Staff) (09/19/89)

In article <128cs-suna@massey.ac.nz>, C.Eagle@massey.ac.nz (Colin Eagle) writes:

> I  would like to get hold  of a full version of  X to try. As we don't
> yet have ftp access,  I would like to  find some kind person  prepared
> to mail it to me. If you have a copy of  X11  release 2 or 3 which you
> could mail me, could you please let me know (by mail!).
>
> I will  wait for about a  week to find the nearest  replying site, and
> ask them for a copy.

Are you suggesting (as you seem to be) that someone should e-mail you
the X11 distribution? That's a joke, right?

The core source is over 12 megabytes and the contributed sources
run over 25 megabytes in the X11 release 3 distribution.

That's compressed.

Now if you want to arrange postal transmission of tapes you should
have stated what formats you can use.

 Thos Sumner       Internet: thos@cca.ucsf.edu
 (The I.G.)        UUCP: ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!cca.ucsf!thos
                   BITNET:  thos@ucsfcca

 U.S. Mail:  Thos Sumner, Computer Center, Rm U-76, UCSF
             San Francisco, CA 94143-0704 USA

I hear nothing in life is certain but death and taxes -- and they're
working on death.

#include <disclaimer.std>