[comp.windows.x] Unable to access a server

gteo@csvax1.cs.tcd.ie (Ghee Teo, Ireland) (09/23/89)

When I tried to create a xterm from our Dec3100 running DecWindow to
our Sun 3/60 running X11R3 with uwm running, I got an error complaining about
server is not authorized and so on.

The exact command and response:

$dxterm -display sybil:0.0
Server is not authorised to connect to host
Can't open display 'sybil:0.0'

sybil is our hostname of our Sun.

Can anyone has any idea what I did wrong?
By the way, the Dec3100 runs Work System 2.0, ultrix 3.0 and the Sun uns on
SunOS 3.5

Thank you very much for any suggestion at all.

graham@fuel.dec.com (kris graham) (09/28/89)

In article <53803@csvax1.cs.tcd.ie>, gteo@csvax1.cs.tcd.ie (Ghee Teo, Ireland) writes:

> When I tried to create a xterm from our Dec3100 running DecWindow to
> our Sun 3/60 running X11R3 with uwm running, I got an error complaining about
> server is not authorized and so on.
>
> The exact command and response:
>
> $dxterm -display sybil:0.0
> Server is not authorised to connect to host
> Can't open display 'sybil:0.0'
>
> sybil is our hostname of our Sun.
>
> Can anyone has any idea what I did wrong?
> By the way, the Dec3100 runs Work System 2.0, ultrix 3.0 and the Sun uns on
> SunOS 3.5

Make sure the Sun  3/60 grants the DECstation 3100 permission to connect.
The 'xhost' command will enable you to do this. Do a man on 'xhost'.

eg;

sun_prompt> xhost node_decstation:0.0

--
Christopher Graham