[comp.windows.x] Source code for Johnson&Reichard's book

rgr@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (robert.g.robillard) (10/10/89)

I heard a rumor that the source code for the new book
"X Window Applications Programming" by Eric Johnson
and Kevin Reichard is available to ftp from someplace.
Is this true?  If so, where can I get it?
--
|  Duke Robillard                                                        |
|  Internet: rgr@m21ux.att.com         | BITNET: rgr%m21ux.uucp@psuvax1  |

erc@pai.UUCP (Eric Johnson) (10/11/89)

In article <5207@cbnewsm.ATT.COM>, rgr@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (robert.g.robillard) writes:
> I heard a rumor that the source code for the new book
> "X Window Applications Programming" by Eric Johnson
> and Kevin Reichard is available to ftp from someplace.
> Is this true?  If so, where can I get it?
> |  Duke Robillard                                                        |
> |  Internet: rgr@m21ux.att.com         | BITNET: rgr%m21ux.uucp@psuvax1  |
> |  UUCP:     {backbone!}att!m21ux!rgr  |          (maybe)                |

The rumor ought to be false. The sources are copyrighted by
MIS: Press (the publisher of X Window Applications Programming).

No one, to my knowledge, is offering the source code for anonymous ftp.
If anyone is, they are not being kosher, to say the least.  Ftp
access for the code might be nice, but is probably unlikely, as
I believe MIS: Press is not on the Internet and any such
arrangement would have to be through them.

Sorry,
-Eric

X Window Applications Programming
MIS: Press
ISBN 1-55828-016-2
1989

--
Eric F. Johnson, Prime Automation, Inc.
415 W. Travelers Trail, Burnsville, MN 55337 USA.  Phone: +1 612-894-0313.

erc@pai.UUCP (Eric Johnson) (10/13/89)

In article <5207@cbnewsm.ATT.COM>, rgr@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (robert.g.robillard) writes:
> I heard a rumor that the source code for the new book
> "X Window Applications Programming" by Eric Johnson
> and Kevin Reichard is available to ftp from someplace.
> Is this true?  If so, where can I get it?
> |  Duke Robillard                                                        |
> |  Internet: rgr@m21ux.att.com         | BITNET: rgr%m21ux.uucp@psuvax1  |
> |  UUCP:     {backbone!}att!m21ux!rgr  |          (maybe)                |

The rumor ought to be false. The sources are copyrighted by
MIS: Press (the publisher of X Window Applications Programming).

No one, to my knowledge, is offering the source code for anonymous ftp.
If anyone is, they are not being kosher, to say the least.  Ftp
access for the code might be nice, but is probably unlikely, as
I believe MIS: Press is not on the Internet and any such
arrangement would have to be through them.

Sorry,
-Eric

X Window Applications Programming
MIS: Press
ISBN 1-55828-016-2
1989

--
Eric F. Johnson, Boulware Technologies, Inc.