[comp.windows.x] UIMX Information

uejiowh@wscad4.crd.ge.COM (10/12/89)

Several people have asked for comments and pointers to the company:

1.  UMIX was developed by Visual Edge in Montreal, Canada.  Phone number
    is 514-332-6430.

2.  Visual Edge has signed an agreement with HP and call your local HP
    rep if you want UMIX on an HP.  That is what I did.

3.  Talking to Mike Foody, the president of Visual Edge, he indicated that
    UMIX will be moving to other platforms.  It was developed on Suns.

4.  I have followed UIMX for the last 3 years and have found the people
    at Visual Edge quite good.

5.  My personal experience with using UIMX at present is limited but
    hopefully will be growing.

6.  I found the system easy to use and covered all the widgets in the
    toolkit.

7.  Having the C interpreter was great and aided in the debugging of
    the callback routines and the interfaces to the applications.  It
    saved time, how much is subjective but in my mind, immense.

8.  The problem I had was that I increased the number of widgets and
    widget classes.  I could not find a way to add these to the menu
    structure of UMIX.  I could get to them through the C interpreter.

9.  Overall I am impressed with  UMIX.

10. Visual Edge has a graphics package and I hope they add PEX capability
    to UMIX in the future..

rlh2@ukc.ac.uk (R.L.Hesketh) (10/12/89)

In article <8910111700.AA07783@wscad4.crd.ge.com> uejiowh@wscad4.crd.ge.COM writes:
>Several people have asked for comments and pointers to the company:
>
>1.  UMIX was developed by Visual Edge in Montreal, Canada.  Phone number
>    is 514-332-6430.

I may have missed this but any chance of an address for Visual Edge?
Useful for those of us stuck in countries with "advanced" telephone
companies that charge a fortune for each millisecond 8-).

Ta,
	Richard

Richard Hesketh   :   rlh2@ukc.ac.uk    ..!mcvax!ukc!rlh2
		  :   @nsfnet-relay.ac.uk:rlh2@ukc.ac.uk
---
Computing Lab., University of Kent at Canterbury,
Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NF, United Kingdom.         Tel: (0227) 764000 ext. 3682

david@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV (David E. Smyth) (10/14/89)

rlh2@ukc.ac.uk (R.L.Hesketh) writes:
>uejiowh@wscad4.crd.ge.COM writes:
>>
>>1.  UMIX was developed by Visual Edge in Montreal, Canada.  Phone number
>>    is 514-332-6430.
>
>I may have missed this but any chance of an address for Visual Edge?

Mike Footy, President
Visual Edge Software Ltd
3870 Co^te Vertu
St Laurent, Quebec H4RIV4

veg!mike@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu

Another phone number is (415)948-0753 for those on the West Coast.

I like it.