[comp.windows.x] xfig popup-menu

lewis@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (John Lewis) (10/12/89)

I am trying to use the "xfig" drawing package; it dumps on me.  "xfig" is
contributed, so ... now that I have it compiled ... I'm not sure what to
expect.  If others have been able to get it going, I'd love to here how.

The problem is centered around the popup menu.  Everything else seems to
work fine; but when the right mouse button (popup menu) is selected, it
immediately dumps core.

Any and all help will be appreciated.  Response via email would be preferred.
Thanx in advance,
	 	John Lewis
		(lewis@cpsc.UCalgary.CA)

chip@alex (10/23/89)

lewis@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (John Lewis) writes:

>I am trying to use the "xfig" drawing package; it dumps on me.  "xfig" is
>contributed, so ... now that I have it compiled ... I'm not sure what to
>expect.  If others have been able to get it going, I'd love to here how.

We had a similiar problem and we traced it to the set_pos() function in
canvas.c . The typedef for the x,y fields should be "int" and not short
which is what Position is defined as.

		Chip Fraser
		PCS
		Munich Germany

ken@cs.rochester.edu (Ken Yap) (10/25/89)

In article <1112@pcsbst.UUCP>:
|lewis@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (John Lewis) writes:
|>I am trying to use the "xfig" drawing package; it dumps on me.  "xfig" is
|>contributed, so ... now that I have it compiled ... I'm not sure what to
|>expect.  If others have been able to get it going, I'd love to here how.
|
|We had a similiar problem and we traced it to the set_pos() function in
|canvas.c . The typedef for the x,y fields should be "int" and not short
|which is what Position is defined as.
|
|		Chip Fraser
|		PCS
|		Munich Germany

This was fixed in a patch posted to comp.sources.x quite a while ago.
I know many people can't ftp or reach an archive.  I'm sure the R4
release will have fixed sources. And no, I'm not doing anything more
with it these days.