[comp.windows.x] HP Widgets, Release 3 patch

lwh@harpsichord.cis.ohio-state.edu (Loyde W Hales) (10/24/89)

Recently I inquired about the HP Widgets for Release 3.  Several people have
asked me what information I've uncovered.  Since many of these sites I can't
seem to reach, I'm going to post the information.

First, you can get the HP Widgets with a Release 3 patch from many sites
using anonymous FTP.  Two of these are

	expo.lcs.mit.edu in contrib/  and   cs.toronto.edu in pub/X/

Second, HP is no longer supporting their older widget set, favoring the new
Motif set of widgets.  Motif includes many (all?) the HP set plus additional
widgets, including the DECview widgets.  Site license is around $1000, if I'm
remembering correctly.

A side effect of this:  when Release 4 comes out, the HP widgets will not be
			updated by HP.

I hope this helps.
-=-

Loyde W. Hales, II                      The Ohio State University
lwh@cis.ohio-state.edu          2036 Neil Avenue Mall, Columbus, Ohio  43201

rlh2@ukc.ac.uk (R.L.Hesketh) (10/25/89)

In article <71736@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> <lwh@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>A side effect of this:  when Release 4 comes out, the HP widgets will not be
>			updated by HP.

I am willing to update this to R4.  Whats the cut off date for Consortium
members to contribute R3 updated software to the final R4 release?  Plus
how does one contribute stuff to the X11 contrib directory on expo?

Richard Hesketh   :   rlh2@ukc.ac.uk    ..!mcvax!ukc!rlh2
		  :   @nsfnet-relay.ac.uk:rlh2@ukc.ac.uk
---
Computing Lab., University of Kent at Canterbury,
Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NF, United Kingdom.         Tel: (0227) 764000 ext. 3682