[comp.windows.x] Multiple Displays

mnp@cs.brown.edu (Matthew Nicholas Pappas) (10/27/89)

 From: sns@erm.OZ (Stuart Nixon)
 Newsgroups: comp.windows.x
 Date: 20 Oct 89 09:20:53 GMT

 In article <891016-160309-1375@Xerox>, "Steven_S._Kang.ESM8"@XEROX.COM writes:
 > All,
 > Sorry for the wide distribution but I too have had problems running X on
 > two displays.  Did anyone have any answers to the previous message about
 > this?

 If it is any help, there is a problem with the standard Xsun on MIT X11R3
 which is related to moving the cursor between displays.  In summary, not
 all of the code for all frame buffers in the Sun X server set up the
 function that handles sliding the cursor from one screen to another.  So,
 if you have one of the FB's that this function is not set up for, it will
 crash as soon as you move the move off one display.

 It is pretty simple to patch the code, from memory.

 We found this bug while adding code for 24 bitplane frame buffers into Xsun.

 sns

 --
 Stuart Nixon
 Earth Resource Mapping, 130 Hay St, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008

Stuart,

I am unable to reach you via email.  Please mail be at mnp@cs.brown.edu.  I'm
very interested in the 24bit framebuffer patches for a sun cgeight, if you're
willing to give them away.

-matt
Brown Computer Graphics Group
   uunet ! brunix ! mnp                           Matthew Nicholas Pappas
or mnp @ {cs.brown.edu, browncs.bitnet }                 Brown University