[comp.windows.x] Video Extensions to X

rick@lcc.UUCP (Richard Petkiewicz) (10/28/89)

I am interested in working with live Video in an X window.  I have
heard that there is a document describing some video extensions to
X, but have not been able to find it.  If anyone can supply me with
more information about this, I would appreciate it.

ARPANET:  lcc.rick@SEAS.UCLA.EDU
UUCP:     {randvax,sdcrdcf,ucbvax,trwspp}!ucla-se!lcc!rick

ekberg@osage.csc.ti.COM (10/29/89)

 > I am interested in working with live Video in an X window.  I have
 > heard that there is a document describing some video extensions to
 > X, but have not been able to find it.  If anyone can supply me with
 > more information about this, I would appreciate it.

In X11R3, check out the code in server/ddx/plx/.

  -- tom (aisle C-4Q), ekberg@csc.ti.com

sxm@philabs.philips.com (Sandeep Mehta) (10/30/89)

In article <8910280111.AA26724@elrond.la.locus.com>, rick@lcc (Richard Petkiewicz) writes:
>I am interested in working with live Video in an X window.  I have
>heard that there is a document describing some video extensions to
>X, but have not been able to find it.  If anyone can supply me with
>more information about this, I would appreciate it.

This sounds like Todd Brunhoff's work on VEX, Video Extensions to X, at
Tektronix. You can find an article on VEX in the October issue of UNIX
Review magazine.

sandeep
--
sxm@philabs.philips.com                             ...to be or not to bop ?
uunet!philabs!bebop!sxm

klee@chico.pa.dec.com (Ken Lee) (10/31/89)

In article <8910280111.AA26724@elrond.la.locus.com>, rick@lcc.UUCP
(Richard Petkiewicz) writes:
> I am interested in working with live Video in an X window.  I have
> heard that there is a document describing some video extensions to
> X, but have not been able to find it.  If anyone can supply me with
> more information about this, I would appreciate it.

At the last SIGGRAPH, there were several companies showing video
products for X, including Parallax, RGB Systems, and Tektronix.  There
are several different X extensions to support video.  Parallax and
Tektronix are proposing their versions as standards.  You can probably
get drafts from those companies.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@decwrl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee