[comp.windows.x] Ease of porting x11 to TI34020 gsp

graham@geovision.uucp (Graham Ashby) (11/04/89)

I am working for a client who wants to port the display portion of x11
to the ti34020 graphics processor.  Does any one have any idea how
long it would take to port the sample server thereon?
Would it be more like a month or two, or more like a person-year?
Does anyone have an implementation available? PD or commercial??

Graham Ashby,  currently at uunet!mitel!sce!cognos!geovision!graham

klee@chico.pa.dec.com (Ken Lee) (11/07/89)

In article <746@geovision.UUCP>, graham@geovision.uucp (Graham Ashby) writes:
> Does anyone have an implementation available? PD or commercial??

There were a few (probably not all different) TI34010 X servers on
display at SIGGRAPH this year.  They were mostly stuck in PC's or X
terminals so performance was difficult to judge.  One vendor selling
their server code was Advanced Graphics Engineering of San Diego.  I
don't know how good their implementation is.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@decwrl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee

dw1p+@andrew.cmu.edu (David Allen Weinstein) (11/07/89)

> I am working for a client who wants to port the display portion of x11
> to the ti34020 graphics processor.  Does any one have any idea how
> long it would take to port the sample server thereon?
> Would it be more like a month or two, or more like a person-year?
> Does anyone have an implementation available? PD or commercial??
>
> Graham Ashby,  currently at uunet!mitel!sce!cognos!geovision!graham

There is a product available from Pittsburgh Powercomputing that does
what you've asked for. Their product is an X-Server based upon the
TMS340x0 graphics processor family.

PPc's address is:

	Pittsburgh Powercomputing
	1501 Reedsdale Street