[comp.windows.x] Reply to overlay problems on 3/60 with cgfour

@ESDSDF.DECnet (11/09/89)

Date: Wed, 8 Nov 89 15:19:24 EST
From: tom@henry (Thomas Jarmolowski)
To: esdsdf!CRDGW2::MRGATE::"tcpgateway::smtp::ATHENA.MIT.EDU::xpert"
Subject: Reply to overlay problems on 3/60 with cgfour

----- Begin Included Message -----

I am running the Xsun server with the Purdue speedups on a color 3/60
with the option "-dev /dev/cgfour0".  As X comes up, I occasionally get
messages on the console before I get a console xterm started up.  These
appear on the b/w overlay plane and I cannot get rid of them by redrawing
the X-window screen.  Is there any easy way to clear this overlay
plane without clearing the color planes?  Thanks.
--
Harry Edmon		INTERNET: harry@atmos.washington.edu
(206) 543-0547		UUCP:	  uw-beaver!atmos.washington.edu!harry

----- End Included Message -----

The command
	switcher -d /dev/fb -e 0

will initialize the overlay plan so that only the color screen shows through.

				 _/_

				Tom Jarmolowski
				jarmolowski%esdsdf.decnet@crd.ge.com
				(609) 722-4298