[comp.windows.x] HP9000/300 CatsEye

niermann@uicsgva.csg.uiuc.edu (11/04/89)

I am trying to build X11R3 for a HP 9000/300 with a 98789A display. When I
run Xhp I get the error "CatsEye is not installed in server". I assume that
the server for my display was not written in time for the R3 release and only
the topcat server was written. Can anyone tell me where I can get the driver
for the CatsEye display or give me a hint as to what I am doing wrong.

Thanks
Tom Niermann
niermann@bach.csg.uiuc.edu

dpb@viking.UUCP (Don Bennett) (11/04/89)

> I am trying to build X11R3 for a HP 9000/300 with a 98789A display. When I
> run Xhp I get the error "CatsEye is not installed in server". I assume that
> the server for my display was not written in time for the R3 release and only
> the topcat server was written. Can anyone tell me where I can get the driver
> for the CatsEye display or give me a hint as to what I am doing wrong.

I can send you the patches I use to modify the Topcat
driver to drive the Catseye frame buffer.

Any comment from HP as to whether or not you plan to contribute
some kind of Catseye support to the R4 release?

   Don Bennett           (408)433-3311
   dpb@frame.com
   Frame Technology

harry@hpcvlx.cv.hp.com (Harry Phinney) (11/07/89)

> I am trying to build X11R3 for a HP 9000/300 with a 98789A display. When I
> run Xhp I get the error "CatsEye is not installed in server". I assume that
> the server for my display was not written in time for the R3 release and only
> the topcat server was written.
> Tom Niermann

Actually, it was a "business decision" regarding which drivers to release
with the R3 distribution.

> Any comment from HP as to whether or not you plan to contribute
> some kind of Catseye support to the R4 release?
>    Don Bennett           (408)433-3311

Yes, there will be Catseye support in the R4 release.

Harry Phinney

gaf@uucs1.UUCP (gaf) (11/09/89)

In article <3606@frame.UUCP> dpb@frame.com writes:

>I can send you the patches I use to modify the Topcat
>driver to drive the Catseye frame buffer.

Perhaps you could post the patches here, as I'm another one who would
LOVE to have them.  I suspect there are a few more as well.

--
Guy Finney					It's that feeling of deja-vu
UUCS inc.   Phoenix, Az				all over again.