[comp.windows.x] C to LiSP

wjhagins@VUSE.VANDERBILT.EDU (William J. Hagins) (11/09/89)

	I have several X programs written in C.  I am interfacing them with KCL, and the
possibility of using lisp for the X programs is very interesting.

Pointers on the direction I should take would be greatly appreciated.

	For the wise guys in the crowd, that is pointers on how I should start porting
the C code to lisp, and how I can get X to run under lisp.

	Is the functionality the same, or has the lisp side been slighted?

	Thanks in advance,
		-Jody.

hmueller@photon.tamu.edu (Harold E Mueller) (11/09/89)

In article <8911082339.AA00955@cs8> wjhagins@VUSE.VANDERBILT.EDU (William J. Hagins) writes:
>	For the wise guys in the crowd, that is pointers on how I should
start porting
>the C code to lisp, and how I can get X to run under lisp.

I haven't tried KCL; suggest you take a look at Allegro CL from Franz.
Pretty good X interface, with the event handling buried as window daemons.
Great screen debugger/profiler too, and builtin foreign function (C)
interface.
Hal Mueller                  hmueller@cssun.tamu.edu
Grad Student, CS Dept.       n270ca@tamunix (Bitnet)
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843