[comp.windows.x] TWM version 5.38?

kaleb@mars.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley) (11/18/89)

I was told that TWM 5.38 was available from expo.  I checked ours and it
says version 1.2 and 1.3 all through the source code.  When I looked at
expo under pub/R3, it was not immediately clear which file would have TWM in
it.  Can anyone give me a pointer to which file I need to get to get the
latest and greatest?

thanks...

Benson, you are so mercifully devoid of the ravages of intelligence.

kaleb@mars.jpl.nasa.gov             (818)354-8771
Kaleb Keithley

prc@erbe.se (Robert Claeson) (11/20/89)

In article <2222@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>, kaleb@mars.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley) writes:

> I was told that TWM 5.38 was available from expo.  I checked ours and it
> says version 1.2 and 1.3 all through the source code.  When I looked at
> expo under pub/R3, it was not immediately clear which file would have TWM in
> it.  Can anyone give me a pointer to which file I need to get to get the
> latest and greatest?

I have a TWM 2.0 here, but 1.2 is better. 2.0 is slower and doesn't allow
you to place the windows where you want them when created, but locates
everything at the upper-left corner. I use TWM 1.2.

--
          Robert Claeson      E-mail: rclaeson@erbe.se
	  ERBE DATA AB

toml@ninja.Solbourne.COM (Tom LaStrange) (11/20/89)

>> I was told that TWM 5.38 was available from expo.  I checked ours and it
>> says version 1.2 and 1.3 all through the source code.  When I looked at
>
>I have a TWM 2.0 here, but 1.2 is better. 2.0 is slower and doesn't allow
>you to place the windows where you want them when created, but locates
>everything at the upper-left corner. I use TWM 1.2.

twm 2.0 was the first version of twm available, as far as I am concerned
it is unusable.  Version 1.2 is really version 5.1 (I think) and is still
the most recent publicly available version.  I don't know anything about
a version 5.38,  the highest I got with internal copies was 5.30.  The next
version available fill be on the R4 tape.

--
Tom (changing my name to Tab for R4) LaStrange

Solbourne Computer Inc.    ARPA: toml@Solbourne.COM
1900 Pike Rd.              UUCP: ...!{boulder,sun}!stan!toml
Longmont, CO  80501