[comp.windows.x] Status of Xt+

tek@penzance.cs.ucla.edu (Ted Kim (Random Dude)) (11/22/89)

Will Xt+ ever be officially supported for SUN platforms?

Officially, I think 1.0 is supported now for some AT&T 386 (and maybe
AT?) machines. Will 2.0 be officially support on all Unix
International type architectures (386, 680x0 and SPARC) ?

For that matter, which OSF platforms is Motif officially supported on?

I have heard, some people have sucessfully used Motif on SUNs.
How about Xt+?

-ted
Ted Kim
UCLA Computer Science Department  Internet: tek@penzance.cs.ucla.edu
3804C Boelter Hall                UUCP:    ...!{uunet|ucbvax}!cs.ucla.edu!tek
Los Angeles, CA 90024		  Phone:   (213) 206-8696

david@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV (David E. Smyth) (11/23/89)

tek@cs.ucla.edu (Ted Kim (Random Dude)) writes:

>For that matter, which OSF platforms is Motif officially supported on?
>I have heard, some people have sucessfully used Motif on SUNs.

I am using Motif on a Sun 3/260HM right now.  Works great.  Nice window
manager (mwm).  Easy to program.  Documentation is good too, but the
figures for some of the books are in the back instead of where they
should be (we got this copy and docs from ICS, they are slowly fixing
the documents).