[comp.windows.x] contrib/MOTIF.Xt.tar.Z broken on expo

moran@m5.trl.oz (Ian Moran) (11/20/89)

Ted writes:
>mellon@nigiri.pa.dec.com (Ted Lemon)
>If I do a ``zcat MOTIF.Xt.tar.Z |tar tf -'', it goes for a while, and
>then gets a directory checksum error.   Is there a known good copy of
>this file on somebody's machine available for public FTP?
>             _MelloN_

I write:
try using using the command 'type binary' inside ftp
prior to using 'get .. ' as you should then find that the transfer
yields a file which zcat and tar are happy to deal with.
I was able to extract a legible copy of MOTIF.Xt.tar.Z from expo.

Ian Moran (moran@trldeity.trl.oz.au).

perand@nada.kth.se (Per Andersson) (11/27/89)

In article <825@trlluna.trl.oz> moran@m5.trl.oz (Ian Moran) writes:
>try using using the command 'type binary' inside ftp
>I was able to extract a legible copy of MOTIF.Xt.tar.Z from expo.
>Ian Moran (moran@trldeity.trl.oz.au).

Now I used type binary, and it still won't work. Doing a 'dir' on expo
shows the file beeing some 27 thousand bytes. I've got a feeling it ought
to be much longer.

Someone else succeded in the last month ?

Per
--
Per Andersson
Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden