[comp.windows.x] GWM v1.4.1.30 is out

colas@bahia.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) (11/16/89)

The new version 1.4.1.30 is out on expo.lcs.mit.edu and here on
trinidad.inria.fr (avahi.inria.fr seemed to have problems for long-distance
ftp, trinidad seems to work OK)

(For those who don't know, GWM is an ICCCM-compliant, multiscreen window
manager "a la emacs", i.e. with a built-in mini lisp interpreter to
customize it)

This new version has some bugs fixed, compiles and works with R4 beta
(but it has still a bug which disappears when the R4beta server is set in
"bug compatibility mode" by a "xset bc": the GrabPointer call fails without
it: it generates an XError, but the call itself returns GrabSuccess.
Do somebody know what I do wrong?)

I have included the mwm profile. It is not yet integrated, but can be
called by a "gwm -f mwm". There is not doc, but you will find all variables
that can be set in a .mwmrc in the files "mwmrc.gwm" and "mwm-menusrc.gwm"

here is the CHANGES file:

1.4.1.30	(89/11/15)	X11R4 beta

    This version should compile OK under the X11R4 beta tree
    (add a GwmDir in your Project.tmpl)

    NOTE: for compiling with alpha release of X11R4, use -DX11R4a
          for compiling with beta  release of X11R4, use -DX11R4 (default)

    COMPATIBLE ENHANCEMENTS:

      - window-name always converts the dots "." to "_", for not breaking
	the X resource manager. This did not happen in the standard profile
	but was very dangerous in some other profiles

      - for X11R4 inclusion, wl_namespace.c and .h files are renamed to
	wl_name.c and .h, and Imakefile was re-designed by Donna Converse.

      - #endif foo were replaced by #endif /* foo */

      - new file "cursor-names.gwm" to have the names of the built-in
	cursors (see "cursor-make" entry)

      - mwm profile included: try it with a gwm -f mwm

    BUGS CORRECTED:

      - list-of-windows could break due to an uninitialised context

      - if a (buggy) client declared itself as transient-for itself, gwm
	would enter an infinite loop (new interviews clients)

Colas NAHABOO       BULL Research FRANCE -- Koala Project
                    (GWM X11 Window Manager)
    Internet:       colas@mirsa.inria.fr
Surface Mail:       Colas NAHABOO, INRIA - Sophia Antipolis,
                    2004, route des Lucioles, 06565 Valbonne Cedex -- FRANCE
 Voice phone:       (33) 93.65.77.71, Fax: (33) 93 65 77 66, Telex: 97 00 50 F

cerbone@mist.cs.orst.edu (cerbone giuseppe) (11/29/89)

Newsgroups: comp.windows.x
Subject: X11 windows and Postscript

Hi Netters,

I apologyze in advance if this subject is trivial or has occurred before but I
am neither an X hacker nor a frequent net reader.

I need to merge some X windows with a Latex file.

One way of doing it is to have a postscript file which I could then
merge with the .dvi file by using dvi2ps-like programs to create a
single ps file to be printed.

The problem is then:

HOW DO I OBTAIN A POSTSCRIPT FILE FROM AN X WINDOW.

Is there a "standard" routine?
	If yes, please send me the name.
	If not, do you have any program to convert format?

I would appreciate suggestions on X to postscript conversions
or on any other way of accomplishing my goal.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

Please, e-mail the suggestions and I will summarize for the net.

--- US-mail ---			|  --- e-mail ---
Giuseppe CERBONE		| Domain: cerbone@cs.orst.edu