[comp.windows.x] information requested

windows@toolbox.UUCP.UUCP (03/26/87)

	Let me start this note by telling you who we are.  We are an
	in-house tools group at Computervision Corp.  We write tools
	for the testers of the end product of this company (CAD/CAM..
	software).

	In the future the developers plan on converting from the current
	SUNwindows to "The X-window System".  What we are requesting for
	us (tools group) is information on how to obtain the latest specs
	for X-windows.

	Any point in the right direction would be kindly welcomed.

			Thank you for your time,

				Jeff Michaud
				Computervision Corp.
				Bedford, MA

				...!ci-dandelion!necntc!mirror!toolbox!windows

sfm3166@ultb.isc.rit.edu (S.F. Modi) (11/30/89)

Hi Folks

I may be involved in porting an X server from X10.4 to X11.3 on proprietary
hardware. I would appreciate if anyone could point me to documentation
which will help me in this task.

Where I can find the following information? :

1. Changes to Xlib from Version 10.4 to Version 11.3 of X Window System.
2. Changes to XProtocol from V10.4 to V11.3 of X Window System.
3. Changes to XServer from V10.4 to V11.3 of X Window System.
4. Any documentation on X Server which is not supplied with the MIT Release
tapes.
5. X11R3 version of the following paper:
	The X Window System by Bob Scheifler and Jim Gettys
	ACM Transaction on Graphics April, 1986.

Please reply to the following
address: pabbisetty.henr@xerox.com
	OR
{rutgers,cornell}!rochester!rit!ultb!sfm3166

Thanks...

Nagesh
716-427-5458

---------------------

From Pabbisetty.Henr@Xerox.COM Wed Nov 29 16:58:57 1989
Date: 29 Nov 89 16:48:44 EST (Wednesday)
Subject: Arpanet posting (revised)
To: sfm3166@Xerox.COM (S.F. Modi)
Cc: pabbisetty.henr@Xerox.COM
From: Nagesh Pabbisetty <Pabbisetty.henr@Xerox.COM>

Sohrab,

I would like to post the following message in the X windows
newsgroup(comp.windows.x) on Arpanet. Please let me know when I could come
to see you for this. I have been very busy with my work. I hope to be more
free by 12/8.

Thanks.
--------------------------
Folks,

I may be involved in porting an X server from X10.4 to X11.3 on proprietary
hardware. I would appreciate if anyone could point me to documentation
which will help me in this task.

Where I can find the following information? :

1. Changes to Xlib from Version 10.4 to Version 11.3 of X Window System.
2. Changes to XProtocol from V10.4 to V11.3 of X Window System.
3. Changes to XServer from V10.4 to V11.3 of X Window System.
4. Any documentation on X Server which is not supplied with the MIT Release
tapes.
5. X11R3 version of the following paper:
	The X Window System by Bob Scheifler and Jim Gettys
	ACM Transaction on Graphics April, 1986.

I cannot access the Arpanet to read news. Please reply to the following