[comp.windows.x] HighlightRegion bug

kevin@ttidca.TTI.COM (Kevin Carothers) (12/06/89)

In article <20145@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> ricks@berkeley.edu writes:
>In article <5512@ncar.ucar.edu>, sitongia@hao.ucar.edu (Leonard
>Sitongia) writes:
[---]
>> it crashes on the first window highlighting in HighlightRegion, which is in
>> Xaw.
>> If I recompile Xaw with a "-g" option and relink, it runs fine until I try
>> to "catch up", then it crashes in XtInstallAccelerators.  That is in Xt.
>
>There was a bug in XtInstallAccelerators that would cause applications
>that used it to dump core.  Either define ACCELERATORBUG in the xrn
>file config.h (this will turn off accelerators in XRN) or install MIT
>Patch #8 to the X Toolkit Intrinsics.

 Hey, what a coincidence! I just patched this today myself while fuming
 over "xfig" [Still dies, but HighlightRegion works great :) ]. Here's the
 scoop;

 In Command.c [ from /lib/Xaw, lines 261 and 275], Modify "HighlightRegion()"
 to "HighlightRegion(cbw)".  Works great. All other fixes in patch 8
 (best recollection) aren't that consequential unless you're running
 ULTRIX.

I remain,
--
    Kevin Carothers           {philabs,csun,psivax}!ttidca!kevin