[comp.windows.x] xdbx version 1.1 on DECStation 3100?

mike@dart.cs.byu.EDU (Mike Burbidge) (11/30/89)

I just compiled xdbx on a DECStation 3100, everything seems to work except,
there is nothing I can do that will make xdbx get keyboard focus. Anyone
have it running on a 3100?

Mike Burbidge.
mike@cs.byu.edu

doug@ntvax.uucp (Douglas Scott) (12/06/89)

In article <8911292248.AA01943@dart.cs.byu.edu> mike@dart.cs.byu.EDU (Mike Burbidge) writes:
>I just compiled xdbx on a DECStation 3100, everything seems to work except,
>there is nothing I can do that will make xdbx get keyboard focus. Anyone
>have it running on a 3100?

I have had the same problem with one of my own applications...no amount of
button clicking does anything to switch the focus to my application's window.
Is this perhaps a Window Manager setting somewhere, or a bug?

Douglas Scott
doug@dept.csci.unt.edu

klee@chico.pa.dec.com (Ken Lee) (12/07/89)

In article <1989Dec6.153016.6189@ntvax.uucp>, doug@ntvax.uucp (Douglas
Scott) writes:
> I have had the same problem with one of my own applications...no amount of
> button clicking does anything to switch the focus to my application's window.
> Is this perhaps a Window Manager setting somewhere, or a bug?

Are you sure you're setting your ICCCM input hints correctly?  Using
the toolkit, set XtNinput to True on your top level windows.  Using Xlib,
use XSetWMHints.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@decwrl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee