[comp.windows.x] X10 to X11; a question..

unhd (Ramone) (12/07/89)

I have a question to the X10 and X11 experts.
I am in the process of porting an existing graphics package that
uses X10 to X11.

I would like to know the X11 function call that can handle
the task done by:
	XMakePattern();

I need to know this urgently.

my e-mail address is :

rgk1@unhd.unh.edu

bchen@everywhere.Berkeley.EDU (Benjamin Chen) (12/11/89)

In article <1989Dec6.223133.29239@uunet!unhd>, rgk770@uunet!unhd
(Ramone) writes:

> I have a question to the X10 and X11 experts.
> I am in the process of porting an existing graphics package that
> uses X10 to X11.
>
> I would like to know the X11 function call that can handle
> the task done by:
> 	XMakePattern();
>
> I need to know this urgently.
>
> my e-mail address is :
>
> rgk1@unhd.unh.edu

Since my mail bounced, I'm responding here.  What helped my the most in
converting
X10 applications directly (without too much thinking :-)) was the list of X11
"equivalent" calls document in mit-dist/doc/tutorials/x10equiv.txt in the
mit distribution.  Basically, XMakePattern is replaced by setting
appropriate fields
in a GC.  The most common application of the X10 function I can think of
is for creating
dashed (or dotted lines) to which you must use XSetDashes to set the GC
and then call
XDrawLine with that GC.  Explanations about this are in both the books
put out by
O'Reilly and Digital Press.

	Hope this helps,

	BC