[comp.windows.x] Does anyone know of X server to terminal over a modem?

ral@aristotle-gw.jpl.nasa.GOV (Roger Lighty) (12/12/89)

I am looking for an X server which can be used over a 9600
baud interface to a PC.  The PC runs  DOS or SCO XENIX.  There
are several terminal emulators available for the PC or it can
be run in EGA graphics modes.

I am developing an application on a SUN workstation with an
X windows based direct manipulation interface.  My end users
are Three hours away in the desert.  I am looking for a way
to expose the users to the interface so that they may provide
feedback.  Speed of the interface is not a big problem now.
This is not intended for real operation.  It is faster than
current method (xdpr and internal courier delivery).

TANX

--

Roger Lighty                  (818) 354-3525 ; (818) 354-3957
Jet Propulsion Lab.

wws@rruxc.UUCP (W W Scott) (12/13/89)

In article <8912111855.AA10009@aristotle.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>, ral@aristotle-gw.jpl.nasa.GOV (Roger Lighty) writes:

> I am looking for an X server which can be used over a 9600
> baud interface to a PC.  The PC runs  DOS or SCO XENIX.  There
> I am developing an application on a SUN workstation with an
> X windows based direct manipulation interface.  My end users
> are Three hours away in the desert.
by car or by data link?

If you receive replies via E-mail, please share them with the rest of us.

Thank you.