[comp.windows.x] twm & Franz Allegro Composer

janssen@parc.xerox.com (Bill Janssen) (12/13/89)

In article <5769@cps3xx.UUCP>, usenet@cps3xx (Usenet file owner) writes:
>Me too! We have been having no end of troubles getting twm to work
>with common windows and composer in Allegro. It doesn`t trash the
>system, just the Lisp program itself (the process hangs). We have the
>same problem with another (very nice) manager gwm. To date, we can
>only get Allegro/common windows/composer to run in either uwm (yuck)
>or awm. Thanks for the help.

I've run Composer quite nicely with twm (the version from expo:~ftp/contrib).
In my .twmrc file, I do tell twm to not decorate Common Windows windows, using
twm's NoTitle directive:

NoTitle
{
  "A Common Window"