[comp.windows.x] XView on the IBM RT

paulf@yarra.UUCP (Paul Anthony Fitchett) (12/12/89)

Hi net people!

Higher-ups in the firm have asked me to find out if
the XView toolkit (from SUN) has been ported to the IBM RT,
or if anyone is planning to port it in the near future.

In fact, a list of all the platforms to which it has been ported or
will be ported would be very useful in helping us make decisions.

Of course, polite opinions of the superiority or otherwise of
various toolkits are also welcome. (I like reading the gossip :-)

Thanks in advance,
Paul Fitchett

wlm@archet.UUCP (Bill Moran) (12/13/89)

In article <294@yarra.UUCP> paulf@yarra.oz.au (Paul Anthony Fitchett) writes:
>Hi net people!
>
>Higher-ups in the firm have asked me to find out if
>the XView toolkit (from SUN) has been ported to the IBM RT,
>or if anyone is planning to port it in the near future.

I "ported" XView to the RT running BSD when XView was first released.
I haven't used it too much because it was pretty buggy last I looked.
I'll probably take another look when it is really released (R4?). In
addition, there was an effort somewhere to port XView to AIX 2.2.1,
but I am unsure of the status.
				Bill Moran

--
arpa: moran-william@cs.yale.edu or wlm@ibm.com
uucp: uunet!bywater!acheron!archet!wlm or decvax!yale!moran-william