[comp.windows.x] Athena From

kit@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Chris D. Peterson) (12/14/89)

> To my opinion this is caused by the Form widgets resize procedure which
> insists on calling XtMoveWidget and XtResizeWidget.

You are right, that is not a very efficient way to code the Form widget.
Using XtConfigureWidget is a better way to do it.  Thanks for pointing
this out.

> Is there any one out there who can tell me how to pass this on to the
> appropriate development group?

Your patch has been added to our source tree, and will be avaliable in X11R4.

						Chris D. Peterson
						MIT X Consortium

Net:	 kit@expo.lcs.mit.edu
Phone:   (617) 253 - 9608
Address: MIT - Room NE43-213

casey@gauss.llnl.gov (Casey Leedom) (12/14/89)

| From: kit@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Chris D. Peterson)
|
| You are right, that is not a very efficient way to code the Form widget.
| Using XtConfigureWidget is a better way to do it.  Thanks for pointing
| this out.  Your patch has been added to our source tree, and will be
| available in X11R4.

  I mean, with service like this, who needs a Swiss Army knife?  I am
continually impressed by the working group's responsiveness.  My
heartfelt appreciation is again offered for the great work you guys are
doing.  You guys ought to be in business or something ... :-)

Casey