[comp.windows.x] getting keyboard focus in popup windows under dxwm

doug@ntvax.uucp (Douglas Scott) (12/13/89)

The problem I am having relates to the differences between uwm and DEC's dxwm.
Under uwm, my popup dialog windows (children of root) gain keyboard focus as
soon as they are mapped, partly because I do an active pointer grab when the
dialog window is mapped.  dxwm has a different way of dealing with keyboard
focus that I do not quite understand...what is the easiest and fastest way
to get dxwm to switch focus to the dialog window when it is mapped, such that
it can be returned to the main application window when through, and so that it
will be compatible with uwm as well?

Thanks in advance!

____________________
Douglas Scott
doug@dept.csci.unt.edu
Douglas Scott
doug@dept.csci.unt.edu

wittig@gmdzi.UUCP (Georg Wittig) (12/14/89)

doug@ntvax.uucp (Douglas Scott) writes:

>what is the easiest and fastest way
>to get dxwm to switch focus to the dialog window when it is mapped, ...?

Put
	Wm*default.startupFocus: true
into your .Xdefaults. (RFTM: man dxwm)
--
Georg Wittig   GMD-Z1.BI   P.O. Box 1240   D-5205 St. Augustin 1 (West Germany)
email: wittig@gmdzi.uucp   phone: (+49 2241) 14-2294