[comp.windows.x] Need postscript BoundingBox for X graph programs

holder@delta.uucp (Lawrence B. Holder) (12/16/89)

I have just started generating some interesting data, but cannot get
graphs of the data into my latex documents.  I am using xgraph and
splot under X windows (X11R3) to generate postscript versions of the
graphs; however, neither graph program generates the BoundingBox
comment required by the psfig/tex macros.  Does anyone have code
for generating BoundingBox information for a postscript file?
Or perhaps another graph package that allows previewing in X and
generates postscript compatible with the psfig macros?

Thanks,
Larry Holder
Email: holder@delta.cs.uiuc.edu

davidh@dent.Berkeley.EDU (David S. Harrison) (12/16/89)

In article <1989Dec15.185120.16674@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, holder@delta.uucp
(Lawrence B. Holder) writes:
> I have just started generating some interesting data, but cannot get
> graphs of the data into my latex documents.  I am using xgraph and
> splot under X windows (X11R3) to generate postscript versions of the
> graphs; however, neither graph program generates the BoundingBox
> comment required by the psfig/tex macros.

I have just completed work on a new version of xgraph that includes
this feature.  I am letting the people here in our lab shake it
down a little before I release it to the net.  I expect to release
it early next week and I will post a message to that effect to
comp.windows.x.

			David Harrison
			UC Berkeley Electronics Research Lab
			(davidh@ic.Berkeley.EDU, ...!ucbvax!ucbcad!davidh)