[comp.windows.x] How to read a bitmap file into a pixmap?

tims@teklds.WR.TEK.COM (Tim Stoehr) (12/19/89)

I have files created from XWriteBitmapFile().  What's the best way to read
them in and convert to a mult-plane pixmap suitable for XCopyArea() to a
window?

Using XReadBitmapFile() will get me a bitmap, but I need a pixmap with
depth.  Is there some operation that can be performed on the bitmap to
yield a pixmap with depth?

klee@chico.pa.dec.com (Ken Lee) (12/20/89)

In article <1128@wrgate.WR.TEK.COM>, tims@teklds.WR.TEK.COM (Tim Stoehr)
writes:
> I have files created from XWriteBitmapFile().  What's the best way to read
> them in and convert to a mult-plane pixmap suitable for XCopyArea() to a
> window?

The easiest way is probably XReadBitmapFile then XCopyPlane into your
window.  Alternatively, you might be able to read the file into an
XImage and XPutImage it into your window.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@decwrl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee

rws@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Bob Scheifler) (12/20/89)

    The easiest way is probably XReadBitmapFile then XCopyPlane into your
    window.

XmuCreatePixmapFromBitmap does this.