[comp.windows.x] Sun4 4.0.3 and color resetting

jip@nih-csl.UUCP (john powell) (12/28/89)

(Sorry if this appears twice, I don't think the forst posting got out)

On our SUN4 sparcstations and 4/330's (running 4.0.3), when we terminate X11
the color of the characters on the screen is some very light, pale color
(hardly readable).  On our 386i machines, we see this color for a split second
and then the normal black color.  What is the secret to restoring the color on
the SUN4's when X is terminated?

                                John Powell

                                jip@alw.nih.gov

abaxter@pikes.Colorado.EDU (Alan Baxter) (12/28/89)

In article <1299@nih-csl.UUCP> jip@nih-csl.UUCP (john powell) writes:
>On our SUN4 sparcstations and 4/330's (running 4.0.3), when we terminate X11
>the color of the characters on the screen is some very light, pale color
>(hardly readable).  On our 386i machines, we see this color for a split second
>and then the normal black color.  What is the secret to restoring the color on
>the SUN4's when X is terminated?

Try the command, clear_colormap.  I've found that it works either at
the command line or as the last entry in my .xinitrc file.

Alan Baxter  abaxter@pikes.colorado.edu