[net.news] net.tech vs net.rec...Not Again!

bob@plus5.UUCP (Bob Simpson) (07/23/84)

::

> From: julian@deepthot (Julian Davies)
>
> 		A radical reorganization is fine by me, but I still want
> 	to see a 'root' distinction made between the two major classes
> 	of newsgroups -- (1) technically-oriented ones; and  (2) others.
> 	Class (1) includes unix-wizards, bugs, mail, etc etc.

		If we are splitting the net into worthy/unworthy groups,
	I would like net.games listed in the proposed 'technet' instead
	of the 'recnet' since I derive part of my income from gaming,
	and frequently find the dicussions in these groups a great way
	to kick off new ideas.

		I guess there is only one problem with this idea: Who
	gets to draw the line?

--
How about net.heretic?
--

john@X.UUCP (John Woods) (07/25/84)

Well, I happen to enjoy all aspects of Computer Science, hence all discussions
of computers, hardware, algorithms, and such must obviously go into the
recreational subdivision!
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (617) 626-1114
...!decvax!frog!john, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, JFW@MIT-XX.ARPA

I have absolutely nothing clever to say in this signature.