   From: rusty@GARNET.BERKELEY.EDU
   Newsgroups: comp.windows.x
   Subject: xtools & x11r4 & sunos 4.0.3
   Date: 7 Jan 90 00:16:24 GMT
   Sender: daemon@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU

   I can't seem to get xtools to work on my sparcstation.  It compiles
   fine but when I try to run it dies with

   ld.so: Undefined symbol: _XtToolkitInitialize

   It doesn't matter whether I use gcc or cc.  It does work if I link it
   with -Bstatic.

The problem was because I when made symbolic links from where the X
libraries are to /usr/local/lib I made links for the .a and the .so
files but I neglected to make them for the .sa files.  Nyah, just a
minor detail.
--

	rusty c. wright