[comp.windows.x] Calendar

roberts@yunexus.yorku.ca (Michael Roberts) (01/03/90)

I'm looking for a calendar program to keep track of important dates
and appointments.  It must run under X11.  What sort of packages are
available and where might one get them?  Public domain preferred.
Any answers appreciated.

Michael Roberts                   Y O R K  U N I V E R S I T Y
Department of Computer Science           Toronto, Canada
PHONE: +1 416 736-2100 ext 3570   UUCP: roberts@{yetti,yunexus}.uucp
BITNET: roberts@YuSol.bitnet  INTERNET: roberts@{sol,yetti,yunexus}.yorku.ca

ron@xwind.UUCP (Ronald P. Hughes) (01/04/90)

In article <6233@yunexus.UUCP> roberts@yunexus.yorku.ca (Michael Roberts) writes:
>I'm looking for a calendar program to keep track of important dates
>and appointments.  It must run under X11.  What sort of packages are
>available and where might one get them?

There is a fantastic new multiuser calendaring program called
Synchronize, available from CrossWind Technologies, Inc.  You
can use it as a personal appointment book, and to schedule
meetings with other users.  It displays when you can schedule
a meeting with a selected group of colleagues without conflicts.
It also includes auto-propogating to-do items, popup notes,
custom permissions, etc., etc., etc.  For more information
contact Chris Knudsen (chris@xwind.com) at (408)335-4988.

Ronald P. Hughes		ron@xwind.com (or ...!uunet!xwind!ron)

NONSTANDARD DISCLAIMER:  I have a significant interest in CrossWind,
			 so draw your own conclusions.

TODAY'S QUOTE:  "The best X program I've ever seen!"  (my mom)

bob@MorningStar.Com (Bob Sutterfield) (01/04/90)

In article <6233@yunexus.UUCP> roberts@yunexus.yorku.ca (Michael Roberts) writes:
   I'm looking for a calendar program to keep track of important dates
   and appointments.  It must run under X11.  What sort of packages
   are available and where might one get them?

There's a simple one in R4/contrib/clients/xcalendar.

mss+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Mark Sherman) (01/05/90)

One of the features in Andrew "ch*mp" (champ, chomp, chump), which is a
calendar/appointment facility. On tape 4 of X.V11R4.

In a private message,  I'm sending you the help file for the facility;
if anyone else wants to see it, let me know. The help file is also on
the tape, but it takes a while to find things in all of the source.

	-Mark

brennan@rtp.dg.com (Dave Brennan) (01/09/90)

ron@xwind.UUCP (Ronald P. Hughes) writes:

   TODAY'S QUOTE:  "The best X program I've ever seen!"  (my mom)

Hmmm.... My mom wouldn't know an X program if it hit her in the face.

--
                                                   _________
Dave Brennan, User Interfaces, Data General Corp. /      brennan@dg-rtp.dg.com