[comp.windows.x] Can't build X11R4 Server for AIX 2.2.1 on RT?

karl@cgdisis.ucar.edu (01/09/90)

Has anyone succesfully built a *server* for an IBM RT running AIX 2.2.1?
If so, what patch level of AIX was used? Is there a better C compiler out
there? Patch levels?

I have a nice MegaPel display, and would like to try out the R4 server.

I have been having a heck of a time just getting the right params to the C
compiler and in setting up the proper defines for Imake.

The X11R4 Release Notes say on page 5 that a server has been built for AIX
RT-2.2. Is this true?

	Any help would be appreciated.
		karl
Karl Sierka sierka@ncar.ucar.edu or karl@cgdisis.ucar.edu (128.117.24.18)
1850 Table Mesa Drive, Boulder, CO 80301 (303)-497-1338
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are not those of my employer.

jsw@xhead.SGI.COM (Jeff Weinstein) (01/09/90)

> In article <5930@ncar.ucar.edu>, karl@cgdisis.ucar.edu writes:
> The X11R4 Release Notes say on page 5 that a server has been built for AIX
> RT-2.2. Is this true?

  The release notes say that the "distribution" was built on AIX.
In this case that does not include the server.  The server shipped
will not work on AIX RT.  It will work on AIX PS/2 and AOS 4.3.

	--Jeff

Jeff Weinstein
Silicon Graphics, Inc., Entry Systems Division, Window Systems
jsw@xhead.esd.sgi.com
Any opinions expressed above are mine, not sgi's.