From: davew@vaxwaller.UUCP (Dave Whitlock)
Newsgroups: net.aviation
Subject: More on sailplane for sale
Date: Mon, 6-Aug-84 13:44:17 EDT

I have gotten a few quirys for more info on the glider I have for sale.
My site cannot mail to ARPA net sights so I am posting this to th

***End of item***

greg@sdcsvax.UUCP (Greg Noel) (08/11/84)

Will Martin asks if there is a new line-eater bug that eats lines at the
END of programs instead of at the beginning.  No, I think not; it's actually
a rather old "bug" and it's too bad that it's not eliminated.  I suspect that
some system ran out of space on the filesystem with news on it, which will
cause you to end up with a truncated article.  Inews does not check to be
sure that the news is written successfully.
--
-- Greg Noel, NCR Torrey Pines       Greg@sdcsvax.UUCP or Greg@nosc.ARPA

phil@amd.UUCP (Phil Ngai) (08/11/84)

vaxwaller.157 is intact on this site. I am concerned that we might
have damaged it in transmission as we are running a new version of
news and would like to know if any of the sites downstream of
us (with regard to the path taken by the sample Will posted) have
an intact copy or if they're all damaged.

I think some of those sites include decwrl, decvax, etc.
--
 amd70 is dead, tell a friend
 Phil Ngai (408) 982-6554

hoffman@pitt.UUCP (08/13/84)

Will Martin received the article over this path:

I received the identically damaged article over this path:

However, Phil Ngai at AMD received the article intact.  From this I guess
that the problem occurred at decwrl or decvax.  My guess is that a full
filesystem caused it.
--
Bob Hoffman
Pitt Computer Science