[comp.windows.x] Huge XView Clients in R4

tzeng@miro.Berkeley.EDU (Ping-San Tzeng) (01/12/90)

When I built the XView toolkit from the R4 tapes,
I found that even the simple demo programs have size > 1000K.
(seems that the entire libxview.a was included)
I think there must be something wrong. Any idea?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ping-San Tzeng.

shin@silk.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp (Shin Yoshimura) (01/13/90)

In article <21128@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> tzeng@miro.Berkeley.EDU (Ping-San Tzeng) writes:

 >When I built the XView toolkit from the R4 tapes,
 >I found that even the simple demo programs have size > 1000K.
 >(seems that the entire libxview.a was included)
 >I think there must be something wrong. Any idea?
 >
 >Thanks in advance for your help!
 >
 >Ping-San Tzeng.

Yes, it should be use shared libraries.  Has anyone succeeded to build
it ?  Please post the Imakefile to build libxvin.*, libxvol.* or
libxview.*.

--
Shin Yoshimura
Dept. of Chem., Coll. of Arts & Sci., The Univ. of Tokyo., JAPAN