[comp.windows.x] xconsole lost in space.....

mcneill@eplrx7.uucp (Keith McNeill) (01/13/90)

Xconsole is great but....

When it is iconified (or the hide button is pushed) the window disappears
(as expected) but the entry in the twm icon manager also disappears (which
was not expected).  I haven't the foggiest idea how to make it reappear.  I
hacked the source (got rid of the xtpopdowns) so that the icon manager entries
remain.  I was wondering if there was a better way?

Keith
--
    Keith D. McNeill              |    E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.
    eplrx7!mcneill@uunet.uu.net   |    Engineering Physics Laboratory
--
The UUCP Mailer

cheeks@edsr.eds.com (Mark Costlow) (01/14/90)

In article <1990Jan12.171032.7239@eplrx7.uucp>, mcneill@eplrx7.uucp
(Keith McNeill) writes:
> Xconsole is great but....
>
> When it is iconified (or the hide button is pushed) the window disappears
> (as expected) but the entry in the twm icon manager also disappears
> (which was not expected).  I haven't the foggiest idea how to make it
> reappear.

When output goes to the console, xconsole wakes up and shows you the output.
You may need to have "XConsole.autoRaise: on" in your resources for this to
work ...

cheeks@edsr.eds.com    or     ...uunet!edsr!cheeks