[comp.windows.x] Problem with xinit

nancie@hal.CSS.GOV (Nancie Matson) (02/06/90)

Whenever I try to run xinit, i get the following error:
	ld.so: libXmu.so.4: not found

Now when I check /usr/lib libXmu.so.4.0 exists.  Is the
0 at the end of the file name the problem, or is the
library name just being truncated???

Thanx

nancie

gerber@marvin.Solbourne.COM (Andrew Gerber) (02/07/90)

In article <220@hal.CSS.GOV> nancie@hal.css.gov (Nancie Matson) writes:
>Whenever I try to run xinit, i get the following error:
>	ld.so: libXmu.so.4: not found
>
>Now when I check /usr/lib libXmu.so.4.0 exists.

Run ldconfig.  How many times do you think we're going to see people
posting this problem to comp.windows.x in the next 6 months?  Anyone
care to join a pool?  I'll take *15* times.

Too bad the error message isn't:

	ld.so: libXmu.so.4: not found  (did you run ldconfig?)

or that ldconfig isn't automatically run when someone gets one of
these messages.

--
/ Andrew S. Gerber          / Solbourne Computer, Inc           /
/ gerber@solbourne.com      / 1900 Pike Rd,  Longmont, CO 80501 /