[comp.windows.x] How to move windows of widgets?

sanjay@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Sanjay Manandhar) (02/08/90)

I am trying to move the window corresponding to a command widget which
is a child of a form widget. In the callback of the command widget I
extract its window ID using XtWindow(). Now I want to move this window
just like any other window using XMoveWindow() and then XMapRaised().

The outcome: The command widget vanishes but it does not show up at
the new place.

Do I have to operate on XtMainLoop? A local event hander in the
callback looking for expose events did not make the window visible.

sanjay

asente@decwrl.dec.com (Paul Asente) (02/08/90)

In article <1564@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU> sanjay@media-lab.media.mit.edu (Sanjay Manandhar) writes:
>I am trying to move the window corresponding to a command widget which
>is a child of a form widget. In the callback of the command widget I
>extract its window ID using XtWindow(). Now I want to move this window
>just like any other window using XMoveWindow() and then XMapRaised().
>
>The outcome: The command widget vanishes but it does not show up at
>the new place.

You shouldn't be moving your widget that way; instead you should be doing
an XtSetValues on its XtNx and XtNy resources.  You're probably confusing
the poor form widget something awful.

	-paul asente
	    asente@decwrl.dec.com	decwrl!asente