[comp.windows.x] XView port on SysV

fendt@ecrcvax.UUCP (Michael Fendt) (02/02/90)

We are running applications using the XView toolkit and we might consider
porting them to bull machines (they use operating system SysV). Therefor we need
a port of the XView library to SysV (basically rel. 2). Does anybody know of
a port of the XView toolkit to SysV?

Any suggestions are welcome

Michael
Michael Fendt
ECRC
Arabellastr.17
8000 Muenchen 81
West Germany

Tel: +49 89 92699 186

email: fendt@ecrcvax.UUCP                            Europe only
       fendt%ecrcvax.uucp@pyramid.pyramid.com        U.S.A
       fendt@ecrc.de                                 not yet

chan@hpfcmgw.HP.COM (Chan Benson) (02/06/90)

> We are running applications using the XView toolkit and we might consider
> porting them to bull machines (they use operating system SysV). Therefor we need
> a port of the XView library to SysV (basically rel. 2). Does anybody know of
> a port of the XView toolkit to SysV?

I too am interested in such a port. I posted something here a few months
back and got a few messages from people at Sun (essentially wanting to know
how far I had gotten); my return mail to them bounced, so...

			-- Chan Benson
			HP Fort Collins
			chan@hpfcmgw.hp.com
			(303) 229-3892

hvr@kimba.Sun.COM (Heather Rose) (02/09/90)

In article <1210024@hpfcmgw.HP.COM> chan@hpfcmgw.HP.COM (Chan Benson) writes:
>> We are running applications using the XView toolkit and we might consider
>> porting them to bull machines (they use operating system SysV). Therefor we need
>> a port of the XView library to SysV (basically rel. 2). Does anybody know of
>> a port of the XView toolkit to SysV?
>
>I too am interested in such a port. I posted something here a few months
>back and got a few messages from people at Sun (essentially wanting to know
>how far I had gotten); my return mail to them bounced, so...

The graphics update tape for System 5 Release 4 includes a port of XView to
System 5 Release 4.  We have not yet folded these changes into the main line
XView source (which is what we provided on X11R4), but intend to do so.  I
could not say when that would be.

Sun's marketing contact for portable window products is Steve Messino,
messino@steven.

Regards,

Heather