[comp.windows.x] Messages Multiplying Like Rabbits...

mike%aleytys@UUNET.UU.NET (Michael Kent) (02/11/90)

Am I the only one seeing this problem?  Each message posted to this mailing
list seems to be replicated ad nauseum.  I'm now seeing up to SIX copies of
each message!  Many of the copies are empty except for the message header.
I'm receiving mail thru UUNET, so I'm having to PAY for this mess.
--
Michael Kent			INTERNET: mike@aleytys.uu.net
Center for M.C.E.		UUCP:     ...!{uunet, uflorida}!aleytys!mike

randy@erik.UUCP (Randy Brown) (02/13/90)

Michael Kent (mike@aleytys.uu.net) writes:

> Am I the only one seeing this problem?  Each message posted to this
> mailing list seems to be replicated ad nauseum.  I'm now seeing up to
> SIX copies of each message!  Many of the copies are empty except for
> the message header.  I'm receiving mail thru UUNET, so I'm having to
> PAY for this mess.

The answer is, no, you're not alone.  I also get my fix through uunet,
via the mailing list rather than news, if it makes a difference to
whomever can fix this.

Randy Brown, (415) 637-3402

jim@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Jim Fulton) (02/13/90)

Our apologies.  Our mailer and named decided that they didn't want to
cooperate.