[comp.windows.x] Motif on top of DEC's X11?

mike@BACH.CS.BYU.EDU (Mike Burbidge) (02/13/90)

	We just got Motif, and the installation instructions say it won't
build under X11 R4. We want to install it on DECstation 3100. DEC's X11 server
is somewhere in between R3 and R4. Does someone know what I need to do to
install Motif to run on top of DEC's X11?

Mike Burbidge
mike@cs.byu.edu

klee@wsl.dec.com (Ken Lee) (02/13/90)

In article <9002130201.AA00727@bach.cs.byu.edu>, mike@BACH.CS.BYU.EDU
(Mike Burbidge) writes:

> 	We just got Motif, and the installation instructions say it won't
> build under X11 R4. We want to install it on DECstation 3100. DEC's
X11 server
> is somewhere in between R3 and R4. Does someone know what I need to do to
> install Motif to run on top of DEC's X11?

Motif should work fine with the DEC X servers.  I think the problem is
that Motif doesn't work with the X11R4 intrinsics (libXt).  There
should be an intrinsics library with Motif that you can use until Motif
is upgraded to X11R4.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@wsl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee